Democratic Capitalism VS
Democratic Capitalism is an economic system modified by Democratic Principles. Russia was Totalitarian Communism where Communism was modified by Totalitarian Principles. Today, China and Russia use Totalitarian Capitalism, and Great Britain and most of Europe follow Democratic Socialism where Socialism is modified by Democracy Principles with a bit more capitalism since Ms. Thatcher influenced a country and then a continent. In the south she didn't take hold. Change is in the wind!
Only Businesses Makes a profit.
Capitalistic Democracy is a political system defined by its capitalistic nature. Government activities make a profit. Financial companies gaming the regulation process pay fines so steep the Justice Department is a profit paying for the Defense Department.
Government Departments make a
Government Functions are needed
1. Regulators protect society from improper behavior associated with white collar crime with an undisciplined fine system.
2. Federal, state and local parks are for everyone and carry a nominal fee and cost society a lot of money.
3 Civil Courts are to settle disputes and cost society a great deal of money.
4. Citizen rescues by governments are free in most cases and cost society a great deal of money.
5. Prisons are to rehabilitate, not punish,
white collar crime is not punished severely, and the system has a
tremendous cost to society.
6. Treasury and the Federal Reserve are manned by capitalists who used big money from Wall Street to get their appointments. These people believe Wall Street is the heart of capitalism and protect it, and when finished with their government service, return to wall street.
7. Congress people are helped with the design of legislation by assistants who get free information from lobbyists.
8. Entitlements follow a defined benefit philosophy. SS, Medicare, Disability, and other government social programs get a defined lifestyle.
9. Unions help workers achieve benefits not easily provide by owners.
10. Federal government employees are unionized and can't be fired.
11. Worth while government programs are assumes to be cost affective.
are provide to
1. Regulators charge fines that cover all costs plus a reasonable return on invested capital. Example, the IRS and FBI fraud division, should be profit centers paying all of its cost plus a 10% return on invested capital. Whenever possible, investigations would be contracted with the federal government paying a percentage of the collections.
2. Parks of all types charge what the traffic will bare and must cover all upkeep cost plus a reasonable return on investment.
3. Civil courts provide a service and should charge enough to cover all costs plus a reasonable return on investment.
4. Citizen rescues due to negligence would be charged all the traffic will bear.
5. Prisons are to keep dangerous people away from society, white collar crime is punished severely, but those convicted must pay their way out based on the ability to pay principle. A profit must be made based upon a reasonable return on investment. Example: Mike Millikan must pays his way out at 5% of his equity per year, for his10 years sentence.
6. Treasury and the Federal Reserve are manned by equally apportioned bankers, company finance people, academics, and career civil servants.
7. Congress and citizens make decisions concerning
legislation based upon materials from a newly created Congressional Information Office.
It would to replace lobbyists, authors, educators, and think tanks.
Like the Congressional Budget Office for budgetary information,
it would be the most reliable source of information required for
decision-making. Note is now the best source of
9. Union benefits provided to all eliminating cost to companies.
10. Federal employees with 4 or more employees reporting to them are managers, are not allowed join unions, and are fired for lack of performance. GSA and GAO will audit GS 15 to see that their managers are conforming or they to will be fired.
11. A small random samples is used to measure the cost effectiveness, integrity, and unintended consequences of all programs. How many families on food stamps are also receiving multiple Pell, grants after five years, after ten years. If the U.S. lowered its military spending from 45% of the world's military, would our German, Japanese, South Korean ... allies make up the difference?
1. Investments in areas like defense, education, and aid to the poor are
made based on lobbyist activity as long as there is a perceived positive marginal benefit.
1. Investments are always funneled to the
areas with the largest measured marginal benefit. Areas
like defense, education, and aid to the poor must compete with each other,
and with basic
research, health care, and lower taxes.
e-mail email@example.com with comments.
Primary and secondary education is managed by academics who
aim to maximize critical thinking skills for all students. Schools
are judged on student success at critical thinking tests.
Primary and secondary education is managed by educators based
upon a normal distribution of abilities described by Multiple Intelligence
Theory . The aim of education will be to determine which kind of
intelligence a student excels at and to enhance that intelligence. Schools
are judged by the percentage of students who finish high school and the
percentage of students with high math and/or verbal intelligence who are
accepted at academically rigorous competitive colleges.
FOR ANOTHER VIEW OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CAPITALISM AND DEMOCRACY SEE Pyramid Theory-Version-3 looks at capitalism as practice the US democracy.
|e-mail Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts and opinions.|